Re: traffic on squid-dev

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:01:01 +0200

On Sunday 21 April 2002 04:20, Terence Kelly wrote:
> I'm a Web caching researcher who reads the squid-dev mailing
> list mainly as a reality check; it's good to keep tabs on
> what folks are doing in the real world.

squid-dev is not the real world. Quite far from actually..

> Lately there has been a huge spike in squid-dev postings,
> mainly due to one newcomer <maer727@sohu.com>. Any chance
> this traffic could taken out of the main mailing list and
> just done via e-mail between the few individuals involved?
> Much of it seems not to be of general intererest.

No, the discussion belongs on squid-dev.

If the fact that the squid-dev list at the moment is active for
discussing the code and structure of the Squid sources is too much
for you, hire someone to make summaries of the discussions. Someone
making summaries could be a good thing both for both the squid-dev
and squid-users lists, and would allow you to get a much better view
"of the real world".