Help on NTLM problems

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:17:52 +0200

Hi Robert,

I have some problems running NTLM on NT native port.
At first, I was thinking that my problems comes from NT IPC problems, but
now, after many debug sessions, I'm not so sure.

Please, can You take a look in the attached cache.log and give me Your
opinion about ?

This log comes from a navigation try with IE 6.0 using a single fake_auth
Authenticator, with debug_options 29,9 and 54,9 (NT IPC code). The browser
start to load, and when the challenge expire, NTLM seems to hang.
Basic authenticators works fine.

Squid Authenticator configuration is:

auth_param ntlm program c:/squid/libexec/fake_auth.exe
auth_param ntlm children 1
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param basic program c:/squid/libexec/nt_auth.exe ProxyUsers
auth_param basic children 1
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

Thanks

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it