Re:Re:Re:Re:Planning to change the content of the object.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:39:15 +0200

Yee Man Chan wrote:

> If I remember correctly, the is the number of bytes a
> MemObject will store in the memory until squid push it
> back to the client. Bigger value allows you to process
> most HTMLs in its entirety.

READ_AHEAD_GAP is the number of bytes Squid will at most buffer from the
network while sending data to the client. If more data is buffered then Squid
will stop reading from the network until the client has catched up. This is
the only use of READ_AHEAD_GAP.

It is not related to how much data Squid will keep in memory for the object.
The key to how much of the object Squid will keep in memory is in
storeSwapOut(). As written it will keep at most one store page, but the code
can easily be changed if needed.

Squid will not delay sending data to the client. As soon as it has something
it knows it can send, it will. If the data is received one character at a
time, then the client will receive the same unless there is congestion on the
client connection..