Why NTLM?

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:58:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

    I heard that the Digest scheme described in
RFC2617 is stronger than the NTLM scheme. Is this
true? If so, does that mean doing NTLM in Squid is not
of that high priority?

    I think if browsers support Digest and if they
really pick the strongest authentication scheme they
know, then they will pick Digest all the time.
Therefore while it will be nice to support NTLM, it is
not that urgent. It is possible that my conjecture is
wrong because MSIE might think NTLM is stronger than
Digest or it doesn't implement Digest at all. Is that
the case?

Cheers,
Yee Man