Re: COSS 64 bit works (?)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:04:13 +0800

On Sun, May 26, 2002, Guido Serassio wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> After some works, I can start now Squid using a COSS store based on Your
> original > 2 GB code and running using 64 bit file offsets. Not sure about
> if it's bug free ....

Hrm. Run it through a polygraph, thats the only way to be sure.

> In a previous mail You wrote:
> >That was my attempt at fixing the bugs and making it >2g, but it didn't
> >work. Feel free to trash it and start again.
>
> Exactly what doesn't works ? I'will be sure that I have modified the right
> code.

I had all the offsets screwed up. the coss code isn't that clean.

> Do You can give me some hints about the better Squid configuration needed
> to test all the store functionality ?

Not really. I did my testing under BSD using the aio code, so I'd

* turn on aio in freebsd's kernel
* configure a 2gb coss drive
* start polygraphing
* afterwards (and no crashes!) configure multiple 2gb coss drives
  on the same disk (which was a 9gb disk)
* start polygraphing

:-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"I'm really not a very complex person,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  I like to deal with situations by