Re: squid 2.6-rproxy: locrewrite.c bug

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:29:52 +0200

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 00.52, Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse wrote:
> However, the whole point of "valid" seems to be to do the
> unreference before calling r->handler, and I'm not sure why. So
> this may not be the correct fix.

The whole point of "valid" is to not make use of any references to
data that is no longer valid, i.e. to not invoke the callback if the
supplied callback argument is no longer valid.

If the local reference is removed before or after the call is only a
matter of optimization in the case the called callback tries to free
the cbdata referenced memory.

Please read the cbdata documentation if you haven't already
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/Prog-Guide/prog-guide-20.html