RE: external_acl and Squid-2.5

From: Matthew <mfn100@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:07:48 +0100

On Sunday 16 June 2002 22.19, Robert Collins wrote:
> > but that's about the only central change, so for non-using folk
> > it's very unlikely to introduce regressions, and for other folk -
> > well it's a new feature.
>
> And the patch is farily well tested by at least three completely
> independent installations.

I've been using it since september with no noticable problems at all. May
I say that it is one of my favourite features of squid. In particular it
makes database integration very easy, which I think is very useful for
those of us who either have massive acl lists, or those who have
constantly changing acl lists. I really should make my mysql helpers more
publicly-usable if I get the time, as I have had quite reasonable interest
from the mysql_acl patch which is very hacky compared to external_acl.

Anyway: well done on this feature!

Thanks.

--
Matthew