Re: external_acl merged into HEAD and 2.5

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:58:42 +0200

Hi Henrik,

Il 23.28 23/06/2002 Henrik Nordstrom ha scritto:
>As promised, external_acl has been merged into HEAD and 2.5, together
>with the known GPL helpers (helpers only in only HEAD, see below).
>

>Including external_acl helpers reopen the issue on where to have
>helpers. In lack of a better place I added the external_acl helpers
>as helpers/external_acl.
>
>This reopens the question on where we should have helpers. In
>hindsight I think the move to have auth helpers deep down in the
>source tree was a very bad move. This hides the helpers from the
>users.
>
>May I propose that we move the auth helper up into the newly created
>helpers directory
>
>helpers/basic Basic authentication helpers
>helpers/ntlm NTLM authentication helpers
>helpers/external_acl external_acl helpers
>
>This will make the co-distributed helpers more available to the people
>who need them, and makes a more natural place where to slot in third
>party helpers in the distribution.

For me it's OK, but I want to add a new related question:
Where we should have the stuff related to specific ports like NT or OS/2 ?
In the nt and nt-2.5 branches I'm using a squid/port/win32 folder, like the
BIND 8.x sources, to store project files, Unix function emulation, etc.

Regards

Guido

>Regards
>Henrik

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it