Re: looking for dynamic error handling

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:17:27 +0200

There is some provisions in Squid already to give the cached copy when
revalidation of the cached content is not possible. This assumes the
content was cached and the client did not force a cache-bypass
(no-cache). It is quite likely this can be improved a bit in the case of
reverse proxies.

In the rproxy branch <http://devel.squid-cache.org/rproxy/> you can find
another approach on how to deal with errors in a reverse proxy. Not
quite what you ask for, but may be interesting anyway.