Re: RE: winbind authenticator patches

From: Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:59:50 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@marasystems.com>
To: "Jerry Murdock" <jmurdock@itraktech.com>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 8:25 AM
Subject: Fwd: RE: winbind authenticator patches

> Subject: RE: winbind authenticator patches
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:08:27 +0200
> From: "Chemolli Francesco (USI)" <ChemolliF@GruppoCredit.it>
> To: "'Henrik Nordstrom'" <hno@marasystems.com>, squid-dev@squid-cache.org
>
> No, they have a problem (checked this with abartlet).
>
> They don't check the return code, only the struct. If the return code is
> false, then the result may very well be senseless garbage. Thus they
> both have to be checked, return code first and result then.

Please bear with me, I'm looking for a little guidance. I'm very willing to
track this down, but saying my C is a little rusty would be flattery.

I think the real problem is that the return code is currently being compared
to WINBINDD_OK, when it should be compared to NSS_STATUS_SUCCESS.

Under FBSD, these are not the same value(WINBINDD_OK=1,
NSS_STATUS_SUCCESS=0).

I'm loading up a Linux session in VMware now for comparison, but I assume
they are the same value under Linux, otherwise I don't see how the code
could work there.

If this sounds reasonable, is there any need to also check response.result
in the struct?

Thanks,
Jerry