Re: External ACL Problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:52:45 +0200

On Friday 05 July 2002 13.40, Guido Serassio wrote:

> Right, I remember the problems related to spaces with LDAP
> authenticator. So, External ACL can handle (for example) groups
> with spaces in its name, right ?

Right, or mostly anything for that matter. external_acl was originally
designed to match headers and other aspects not visible via the
redirector interface.. The fact that it also is suitable for user
groups is just a positive sideeffect.

> What about adding a "revision" option to the basic authenticator
> configuration in squid.conf ? So, if revision is 1 (for example) or
> not specified, squid runs the authenticator with the old interface,
> if revision is 2, Squid runs it with the new interface, maintaining
> backward compatibility.

When a new basic auth protocol is added then there will most likely be
an option to select which protocol to use..