RE: doctype declaration

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:38:52 +0200

> > - what do you think about a new style of the err documents?
> > (example: http://www.psychotekk.de/extern/ERR_DNS_FAIL.htm)
>
> I don't have a opiniton.. style is not my strong side.

I think that a re-vamp of the error pages to make them
a little bit more end-user-friendly (while not losing any
techie-friendliness) migth be a good idea.

Things like:
Provide a simple error message, higlighted by boxes or color changes.
Then AFTER the contact address, add a second
box which says something along the lines of "if you need to contact
tech support, make sure to include this information",
which should include the client IP, the proxy IP,
a detailed system-level descryption of the error, the URL being
accessed, a detailed timestamp of the error, and much more.
In other words, throw in the kitchen sink.

Also, for enterprise-style setups, you could highlight places
where the cache administrators could add things such as corporate logos
(to be retrieved from a webserver) and such things.

--
	/kinkie