Re: external_acl merged into HEAD and 2.5

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:26:15 -0500

Hey Henrik,

I'm trying out external_acls for a client, but I'm stumped by the
syntax...The following line doesn't parse:

external_acl_type referer %{Referer} /usr/lib/squid/referer.pl

Nor does this:

external_acl_type referer %Referer /usr/lib/squid/referer.pl

Though something like this gives no complaints:

external_acl_type referer %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/referer.pl

Obviously I'm reading the docs wrong. Could you give an example of how
one uses external ACLs with an arbitrary HTTP header field? Might be
worthwhile to add such an example to the docs, as well.

Thanks!

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.