Re: NTLM on Sparc Solaris doesn't work

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:28:09 +0200

Hi,

Il 10.07 20/07/2002 Andrew Bartlett ha scritto:
>Guido Serassio wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > After many tests, I can confirm Henrik's doubt:
> >
> > Squid NTLM authentication seem's doesn't work on a big endian system like
> > Sparc.
> > Now at home I have a SparcStation with Solaris 2.6, and using IE with NTLM
> > I'm not able to browse anything., I'm have tried both winbindd and old SMB
> > authenticators, but using fakeauth authenticator it works (????).
>
>Probably becouse it isn't looking at flags. Does wbinfo -a function?
>That will check it isn't a winbindd bug.

Yes, wbinfo -a works fine, my previous problems comes from a Windows 2000
Domain not configured by me with Pre-Windows 2000 compatibility disabled
(Arghhh !!!!)

> > Basic authentication using winbindd works fine.
> >
> > Please tell me, what tests can be made to better understand the problem.
>
>The problem is that Squid doesn't have a proper RPC dicector. Samba has
>one, and its on my (long...) todo list to make a samba-based winbind
>helper available that uses this kind of thing.

I am not sure where the problem can be, if in the helper or in Squid itself.

>I suspect (but havn't looked at the sources recently) that squid needs
>to borrow Samba's byteorder.h macros.

I can't answer to this, I'm not a Squid NTLM expert.

Regards

Guido

>Andrew Bartlett
>
>--
>Andrew Bartlett abartlet@pcug.org.au
>Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team abartlet@samba.org
>Student Network Administrator, Hawker College abartlet@hawkerc.net
>http://samba.org http://build.samba.org http://hawkerc.net

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it