Re: 2.5.PRE9 released

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:25:55 -0500

Might need to add to the list 'mysterious' disappearence of aufs
threads. I've got three boxes running it, two of which lost their
threads during a restart. Strangely, on shutdown, we get 'aioSync:
done' messages, and the storedir cachemgr output reports the directories
as aufs storage type. But no threads are started. They disappeared
after the first or second restart on boxes after an RPM upgrade from
2.4STABLE7. We still have a parent process, a child process, and an
unlinkd, as well as the external_acl helpers, but no threads.

I won't say it isn't a problem with the RPM, as it may very well be...my
2.5 RPMs aren't well tested, and the (automake/autoconf) changes in
Squid broke some things.

I thought maybe it was related to using external_acl_type helpers, but I
can't reproduce it on my local machine when using the same helper script.

I'm trying again with debugging turned up. Any tips about what would
make the source of this problem reveal itself?

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.