COSS 64 bit I/O (Was: Re: I'm back)

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:41:52 +0200

Hi Adrian,

Il 14.38 15/07/2002 Adrian Chadd ha scritto:
>On Mon, Jul 15, 2002, Guido Serassio wrote:
>
> > I have made some progress on 64 bit COSS, but work on winbindd helpers and
> > other problems (Crash on my Alpha Linux ...) don't get me time to make
> some
> > testing on Linux.
>
>Ooer. Let me take a look.
>
>The only problem i have atm is that my current dev platform (read: laptop)
>is running macos 10, which doesn't seem to have posix AIO support. eep.
>
>Ah. Guido - FreeBSD's aio implementation doesn't have an aio_*64 -
>BSD has used 64 bit offsets for a while.
>
>Suggestion - use some *cough* macros or something near the start/end
>of async_io.c to do the wrapping rather than dottling it everywhere.
>
>I'll look around some more.

First, sorry for the delayed response, but the NTLM problems now resolved
was taking many of my time.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have just made some changes in async_io.c, now
aio_* are called with macro defined in store_coss.h.

Regards

Guido

>Adrian

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it