Question

From: <Pedro.Bacchella@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:17:20 -0300

For some reason I can't authenticate the NT users with squid and pamsmb.
I've followed step by step the configuration paper but with no success.
( http://linux.lexilog.org.uk/squid.html )

I have installed:

linux redhat 7.2
squid ver.2.4stable6.
domain controller windows NT 4.0.
pam_auth installed in /usr/lib/squid.
pam_smb.conf installed in /etc and it contents :
LOMA (domain controller)
SRV_CENTRAL (PDC)
BKSERVER (BDC)

squid proxy cache IPaddress

ping PDC and BDC is ok

In /etc/pam.d directory ,there is a squid file
squid file:

#%PAM-1.0
auth required /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so
auth required /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so

but when i want to use authentication i get

ERROR
Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.clarin.com.ar/

The following error was encountered:
      Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
    http://www.clarin.com.ar/

from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

The user and password authentication with pam_auth is OK. For it I must
first execute pamsmbd.
But this doesn't appear in the configuration documents. Can the problem be
here?

what should i do?
please help me.

Regards