Re: [steven.wilton@team.eftel.com: Re: WCCP Patch (update)]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:59:10 +0200

On Friday 16 August 2002 03.27, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> here's the updated patch. As it reads, the hash allocation has been
> changed.
>
> Shall I modify the patch to allow people to select a hash algorithm
> to use? Or what? WCCP cluey people, speak up! :)

Should be OK to modify. Only the "designated cache" assigns these (the
one with the lowest IP address in the array).

The drawback if there is multiple caches with different hash policies
in the array is that if the designated cache changes (new cache
beeing added, replacing the current, or the current going down) then
your hit ratio will drop proportional to the mismatch in hash
allocations in the old and new designated cache.