introduction

From: Andrew Wansink <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:42:24 +1000

Hi, I'm doing a little work on squid in the area of the external_acl. The
reason for this work is that my company has an internet firewall appliance
where we wish to limit access to users based on ratings from an internet
ratings service.

The reason that we are doing this in an acl helper rather than a child
redirector is because we already have an auth helper and this will be merged
with the ratings service integration that I'm doing. Essentially we're
trying to keep all our authentication systems in one place.

What I looking for in joining the squid-dev mailing list is a place where I
can post diffs for any fixes I find and any features I add along the way.

andy