Re: 2.6 targets?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Aug 2002 10:02:30 +1000

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 07:18, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > I'd like to see the following in 2.6:
> > * Some authentication tidyups I intend to do Real Soon Now. (to
> > support delay pools w/ all auth types).
>
> Don't forget all the other access lists.. I think the auth identity
> should be cached in the request where appropriate.. I have no problem
> with proxy_auth being enforced in http_access if to be used in other
> access lists, but I have a problem with proxy_auth not working on
> other access lists even if already successfully processed in
> http_access for the same request.

Exactly. It's a regression that creeped in somewhere in the last 9 odd
months, and it *will* be getting corrected. The auth identity *is*
cached BTW. There is just a couple of tweaks needed to the abstractions
used to get it working all the time. I dont' want to do that pre2.5
release though, because the current code has had a lot of time to
settle.

> > * Optionally, any other sponsored work that needs to get into
> > mainline sooner rather than later.
>
> I have ETag caching.. think we need a little discussion on this topic.
> The implementation in the etag branch (etag-2_5.. the head etag
> branch is not yet 100% updated with the store client changes) is
> working quite reasonable, but it might need a bit of work to apply to
> your ESI client side reorganisation.

I'll have a look-see.

Rob