RE: [squid-users] Logging cookies with Squid

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:25:50 +0200

> Henrik,
>
> I see that you drafted the customlog log format
> specification. I read it
> and I see that it would generally solve the Squid logging
> problems, if
> implemented. What do you need in the way of sponsorship to
> complete this
> work? How quickly could it be implemented?

The customlog project is only halfway through:
there's a log specification format parser and bytecode-compiler,
and stubs in the relevant places (I know Henrik, I should do a
more detailed report) to make it happen. I *think* it might
be able to emulate the squid logfile format as of now.
Unfortunately due to lack of time it's not finished, and I
have some parts not-yet-checked-in.

I'll try to check them in later on today.

As for sponsorship, my concern is time, not money :).
But if anybody else wants to take over where
I left off, I will not object. I don't think it would take
that much to finish the stuff if somebody could
work on it full-time.

--
	/kinkie