Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: [Mod_gzip] Vary: header and mod_gzip

From: <Michael.Schroepl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:59:43 +0200

Hi Anil,

> If I remember correctly, mod_gzip doesn't currently
> browser-sniff to determine any broken browsers making
> requests, so it should probably only emit the 'Vary:
> Accept-Encoding' header.

mod_gzip is doing what you make it do, using its
configuration rule set.

There is a very powerful configuration rule, the
"mod_gzip_item_include reqheader".
You can simply use _every_ HTTP header you like
to make to compression of mod_gzip depending on it.

This is the way to do "browser sniffing", and I
myself am using this, to exclude Netscape 4.06-4.08.

Greetings, Michael