Re: 2.5 Release note draft 2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:47:53 +0200

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 10.14, Robert Collins wrote:

> - Reworked how request bodies are passed down to the
> protocols. Now all client side processing is inside client_side.c,
> and the pass and pump modules is no longer used.

This does not need to be mentioned in the user release notes, only in
the changelog.

> - SASL authentication helper by Ian Castle

There is several other helpers added also, by various authors. Seems
odd to mention one of them and not the other..

> - Login and password send to Basic auth helpers is now URL
> escaped to allow for spaces and other "odd" characters in
> logins and passwords

Reminds me of one rather important change that needs to be mentioned.
Proxy Authentication is no longer automatically forwarded if not used
locally. To forward Proxy Authentication to cache peers such
forwarding must be enabled via the login=PASS cache_peer option.