Re: Release Notes, Makefile trickery..

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 31 Aug 2002 09:22:49 +1000

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 11:18, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Seems mostly okay, but there is some details..
>
> a) doc/release-notes/release-2.5.html is included in the tarballs

This is be design, so that users that patch and redistribute squid don't
need to regenerate the release notes.

> b) to be consistent with the other documents in the top level
> directory the file should perhaps be named RELEASENOTES.html

Will do.

> c) Had to add release-notes/release-2.5.html to CVS for "make dist" to
> work proper. "make dist" does not know how to remake the release
> notes..

Ah, I was thinking that on squid-cache.org we'd tweak the autobuild
script. 6 of 1 though.

make dist must not know how to make the release notes - or it will try
to rebuild them at make dist time (when the DAG requires it). And that's
something we don't want AFAIK.

Rob