HTTP 1.1 compliance

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 01 Sep 2002 08:48:30 +1000

I've created a branch 'RFC2616' on sourceforge that can be used for
fixing any 1.1 compliance issues that would result in incompatible
situations. I.e. We can't introduce TE until we are 1.1 compatible, but
we can't be 1.1 compatible until we introduce TE. Feel free to join in
the fun.

We need some method to allow squid.conf switching between our current
behaviour, and 1.1 behaviour. I'm probably going make a C based Strategy
for this.

Also, bug #411 is a collection point for all RFC 2616 compliance bugs.
Please add it to the 'blocks' list of anything that crops up that is
needed for RFC2616 compliance.

Lastly,
I'm doing this particular project in my spare time, so please - dont'
expect miracles.

Rob