Re: cachemgr output format broken after latest HTML patches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:49:49 +0200

On Sunday 01 September 2002 10.54, PsychoTekk .de wrote:

> to be honest, i still could not get wincvs to work

Which CVS repository are you trying to access? cvs.squid-cache.org or
cvs.devel.squid-cache.org? The access methods is slightly different
for the two.. (the first uses anonymous pserver, the other uses SSH)

cvs.squid-cache.org only gives you read-only access via pserver.

For cvs.devel.squid-cache.org, have you got SSH working to the
SourceForge CVS server and created your own development branch for
your modifications? (see http://devel.squid-cache.org/ for
instructions)

Note: To get things committed to the main Squid releases you will need
to send a patch even if you get wincvs working.. There is only a
small group of "core Squid developers" (currenly Duane, me, Adrian
and Robert) who are "trusted" to make changes in the main Squid
sources on cvs.squid-cache.org, and we accept patches via the
squid-dev mailinglist or bugzilla.

In the cvs.devel.squid-cache.org CVS anyone who expresses a interest
in Squid development is allowed to host their modifications to Squid
until it is ready to get merged into the main Squid sources. The
simple rules for how this is done is spelled out on the
http://devel.squid-cache.org/ site and so far the model has been
running really well.