Re: CVS repository

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Sep 2002 17:56:10 +1000

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 17:27, Guido Serassio wrote:
> Hi Robert,

> Only one word: GREAT !!!
>
> A very great work.
>
> I will merge this in nt branch this weekend.
>
> Again, great Work !

Thanks. It's not complete as I noted though :[. If I had more spare time
I'd keep working on it. It should be possible once the debug.c is
complete to compile the rest is one hit, as the socket issues are AFAIK
completely solved by that mingw patch.

Oh, and I remembered one more thing:
"__declspec(thread) thing" is a MS specific thing.
What you need to do to be portable is something like (from memory, func
names are wrong..)
LONG thing;

in main():
if (!(thing=TLSCreate()) {
/* check GetLastError() */
 }

when accessing thing:
foo = TLSGetIndex(thing);
and TLSSetIndex(thing,foo);

and know the above is *so* wrong, but I can't be bother looking up MSDN
right now - sorry.

Anyway, short story: use TLS keys rather than declspec (thread).

Rob