Re: handling 1xx responses

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:31:48 +0200

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 02.40, Robert Collins wrote:

> Upgrade: is a hop to hop header, and ONLY squid can issue it. So
> I'm referring to both, but we won't issue Upgrade: requests at the
> moment. When we support an upgraded protocol, this architecture
> should still work as we can immediately switch to the new protocol.

Thanks. The whole section on 1xx responses and proxies makes more
sense now.

This is something we should be able to make intelligent use of with
only a little cooperation from server vendors (and proxy vendors such
as ourselves).. one application which immediately springs to mind is
compressed HTTP where compression applies to the whole stream, not
just the entity. Much simpler and more efficient than TE.