Re: cachemgr problem with Windows .NET IIS 6.0

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:10:31 +0200

Hi Clemens,

Il 18.36 19/09/2002 PsychoTekk .de ha scritto:
>hi Guido,
>i have got some questions:
> - does the error occur as soon as you try to acces
> cachemgr.cgi?

No, the login form is correct, the error comes when trying to load the
cachemgr menu or any subpage.

> - does the error also occur when you try to access
> cachemgr.cgi via apache
> (in case you have installed apache for win)?

No, my development machine runs Apache (The best antivirus against Nimda
...) without any cachemgr problems.

> - do you have a client program to view the headers
> that IIS 6.0 and cachemgr.cgi send out?

What kind of program ?

>the error message sais that the headers that
>the cgi exec sends to IIS are incomplete, i looked at
>cachemgr.c but it all looks fine and as you said - it
>works fine on w2k.
>maybe a flaw in IIS 6.0...

Yes, is still a RC1 build, but I think that the CGI interface should be
stabilized from a lot of time, Microsoft is pushing ASP.NET now (But may be
that this is a "marketing" flaw: "If script.language != ASP.NET then
crash.it" ...).

Do You have a Windows XP PRO with IIS 5.1 ? I'm curious to know if it works.

Regards

Guido

>regards,
> Clemens
>--
>Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
>http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it