Re: cachemgr problem with Windows .NET IIS 6.0

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:16:03 +0200

Hi Clemens,

At 19.56 19/09/2002, PsychoTekk .de wrote:
> > > - does the error occur as soon as you try to acces
> > > cachemgr.cgi?
> >
> > No, the login form is correct, the error comes when trying to load the
> > cachemgr menu or any subpage.
>
>3 functions for (header) output:
>auth_html()
>error_html()
>read_reply(),
>first both use

> <CrLf>
> ...body...
>
>while in read_reply() there are some cases in which i'm not
>sure if there are two <CrLf>s between headers and body.
>not sure about the status message either, but if not set
>the server would set that header.
>but if there would really be an error someone would have
>discovered that already - such errors are too obvious.
>

> > > - does the error also occur when you try to access
> > > cachemgr.cgi via apache
> > > (in case you have installed apache for win)?
> >
> > No, my development machine runs Apache (The best antivirus against Nimda
> > ...) without any cachemgr problems.
>
>yes i run apache on w2k, too.
>have you tried apache on win .NET ? if cachemgr runs
>okay either apache permits non-standart syntax where
>IIS 6.0 strictly sticks to the standards (hm, okay, this
>is not really an option!), or IIS 6.0 ain't ready for
>final release yet... which wouldn't be a big surprise for me.

Just tried Apache 2.0.40, it works fine.
In IIS 6.0 there is something wrong because this simple CMD script gives
the same error:

@echo off
echo Content-Type: text/plain
echo.
set

So, I will wait for RC2 ......

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it