Re: autoconf 2.5 patch, and update squid-cache.org from the ports tree.

From: David Luyer <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:26:51 +1000

> I'd like to do this now. AFAICT all the major OS's - linux distribution
> foo, freeBSD, cygwin .... come with autoconf 2.5x as default, and the
> current configure.in simply won't play nice as is.

Debian ships with 2.50 and 2.13 launched by a wrapper which checks
for any hints 2.50 is required, and if none are found defaults to 2.13.

So if you're moving to autoconf 2.50, make sure you include an
AC_PREREQ(2.50) or similar so the wrapper can work out which autoconf
version to use (note, AC_PREREQ(2.5) is not acceptable, the check is
that the first digit is 2 and the second digit string is > 13). It
checks included files, aclocal, etc so you only need to put it in
one centrally included place even if running autoconf all over the
place. And, of course, that means autoconf 2.13 will fail on the
AC_PREREQ line.

David.