Re: hi-res profiling

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:21:39 +0300

 Hi,

 Of course. Its meant exactly for that ;)
 I'm currently very busy so I can't really do it myself, but if you update
 it to HEAD, I'd be only thankful.

 grep PROF src/*.c to see how I used it. If you add new probes, you'd need
 to update include/profiling.h enum-list xprof_type, insert before XPROF_LAST
 and recompile, including both src/ProfStats.c and lib/Profiler.c

 All else happens automagically. You need to keep in mind that started probe
 must always be stopped, or it won't show up in cachemgr output.

 PS. docs in lib/Profiler.c are abit outdated. It doesn't use linkedlists
 anymore, instead it uses fixed array for probes by means of mentioned enum,
 which makes probe overhead constant and fixed at lowest.

On 27 Sep 2002, at 23:27, Robert Collins <robertc@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> Andres
>
> Do you mind if I have a bit of a play with your hi-res profiling branch?
> It could use being updated to HEAD for one thing :}.
>
> Also, you mention a list of probe data, but I can't see that in
> lib/Profiler.c. Could you point me at the reference?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 CTO, Microlink Online