Re: hi-res profiling

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 10:23:31 +1000

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 02:21, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Of course. Its meant exactly for that ;)
> I'm currently very busy so I can't really do it myself, but if you update
> it to HEAD, I'd be only thankful.

Ok, done. Did you setup select profiling, or just poll? (The poll code
has move to another file, and I didn't see any handling of PROF_* in the
remaining select code.
If you could give the branch a once-over, now I've updated it, that
would be cool.

> All else happens automagically. You need to keep in mind that started probe
> must always be stopped, or it won't show up in cachemgr output.

Can probes reenter?
Ie. does the follow 'do the right thing'
foo (int n)
{
  PROF_START (foo);
  if (n)