Re: hi-res profiling

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:15:23 +0300

 When I wrote it, I took for goal to make it completely excludable with
 compiletime define. So, about anything of Profiler is included only
 if configure option sets define. The only bit I couldn't handle
 nicely was some pieces of code where for optimal profiling I had to
 rearrange code abit. Mostly to reduce func exit points or insert
 probe stops before exits.

On 2 Oct 2002, at 9:55, Henrik Nordström <hno@marasystems.com> wrote:

> On 2 Oct 2002, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > Whats your take on putting this in HEAD? It's quite non intrusive, and
> > could be of assistance with various developments.. like commloops and
> > ESI.
>
> I have not reviewed the patch yet, but assuming it only is about inserting
> the START/STOP conditional macro calls at the proper places and maybe a
> init call in main() I see no reason not to have it in HEAD..

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 CTO, Microlink Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 725
 Pärnu mnt. 158, Tallinn,