cvs utility script

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 21:31:24 +1000

This may be of interest. It complements Henriks' CVS scripts. It's
useful if you have a branch that -won't- merge changes from HEAD
cleanly. I.e. if you are splitting the contents of a file out into
another, or renaming them completely etc etc.

It simply generates a patch of what *would* be merged if you run
cvsmerge FOO. I used in in the esi branch when tracking changes made to
client_side.c that applied to functions no longer there. It doesn't
replace merging, just lets one check nothing will be dropped on the
floor.

Rob