horrible ntlm_auth patch... I hope it is the right email address. ...

From: DUBOST Gaetan (DSIT-XA/I) <Gaetan.DUBOST@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:40:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm using the ntlm_auth helper and I want to authenticate
users on different nt domains.
Since the pdcs are not all in the same domain, I must provide
the FQDN for each pdc because I can access squid config file
but not the resolv.conf nor the hosts files.
The call is rejected because the FQDN name differes with the
NB name.

I am not dealing with the RFC of NetBios so I am assuming that
the left member of the FQDN is equal to the NB name.
So, I modified the smblib.c file to truncate the Called var at
the first dot because I need that functionnality.

I don't think it is a good thing or not but it works for me.

Sorry, I am not a developper, I hope that I am not boring you
with that email.

Cheers,

Gaëtan Dubost

Here is my patch generated by
  diff -u ./path-to/orig-file ./path-to/new-file