Re: Introduction and a patch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:01:19 +0200

I am trying understand what your proposed patch is actually doing and
what you are trying to solve with it... seems you are only looking
for URL escapes of high characters.

What I don't get is why you don't simply use a regex for this
purpose..

acl nonascii_characters urlpath_regex %[^2-7] [^!-~]

Having URL escapes of any character in the URL is as such a perfectly
legal thing to do, and is quite often required. It should not be
blocked hardcoded in url.c. If you want to do access controls then
these checks belongs as acls.

Should perhaps also note that the URL as such may contain "high"
characters in their normal form, not necessarily URL escaped. Your
patch will not notice these.. the simple regex above catches these as
well.