Re: HEAD on squid-cahce.org

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:54:48 +0200 (CEST)

On 7 Oct 2002, Robert Collins wrote:

> > configure.in:15: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
> > m4_bpatsubst
> > configure.in:2367: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or
> > m4_bregexp
>
> Yes, this is strange. Seems to be a automake 1.5 issue, upgrading
> automake on squid-cache.org would likely fix this. That wouldn't
> negatively affect 2.5 either, it's also 1.6 compatible. We should not go
> to automake1.7 though, as it is tightly bound to autoconf2.54.

Yes, it seems to be a minor incompability between automake-1.5 and
autoconf-2.53. Have a small one-line runtime perl fix to make the
automake-1.5 output autoconf compatible..

perl -i -p -e 's/m4_patsubst/patsubst/g; s/m4_regexp/regex/g;'
aclocal.m4

But I am nost 100% sure this is correct.. maybe the sugar versions
m4_bpatsubst and m4_bregex is preferred.

> > "configure"
> >
> > configure: WARNING: net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: net/if.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
> > configure: WARNING: net/if.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
> > result
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_compat.h: present but cannot be
> > compiled
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_fil.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_nat.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: resolv.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: present but cannot be compiled
>
> Hmm. Will review this one. I missed it :[.

There is also a similar one on Linux

configure: WARNING: linux/netfilter_ipv4.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/netfilter_ipv4.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/netfilter_ipv4.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result

Preleminary analysus indicates that it seems autoconf-2.53 does some more
magics in AC_CHECK_HEADERS that the previous autoconf version did not, and
that these headers is a bit sloppy in including dependent headers..