Re: Disk I/O

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:51:52 -0500

????? ???????? wrote:
> I guess it is worth to try to store cache at SQL server. It could easily
> join multiple squids' cache and move some search tasks onto SQL server's
> head. Fast connection is assumed, of course.
>
> DO4-UANIC

What would you expect to gain from this storage backend? Certainly not
performance, I hope! And shared cache data is easier and more efficient
using ICP or Digests...So I just don't see what could be gained by the
addition of such code.

I can see benefits to storage of the cache object index in a database
(I've even written a log analyzer that does such a thing to an SQLite
DB), but I don't see why you would want your objects in an SQL database.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.