Re: C++ already work. Re: C++ (again) / Squid 3

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Oct 2002 23:38:10 +1000

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 09:05, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> The single thing that I asked was DO NOT USE C++ KEYWORDS IN YOUR CODE
> !!!!
>
> It is very disappointing that with one hand Robert writes for C++ in
> Squid3 and with the another hand writes a lot of "this" variables in
> new file client_side_reply.c

I'm *sorry* you are disappointed. Squid already has plenty of non C++
constructs in it's use. C targeted code is free to use C++ constructs.

Updating those recent C++ construct using files took, oh, 30 minutes
total. Updating all the optional typecasts, and adding enum operator
++'s and so on, has taken MUCH longer.

We certainly would have accepted patches back from you to add C++
compatability using C constructs (ie the optional for C explicit
typecasts on void * conversions). I think your criticism is harsh given
that we haven't recieved such patches from you to date.

Anyway, putting that aside it sounds like you are in favour of a fully
C++ compilable HEAD for squid.

Is that correct?

Cheers,
Rob