Squid 3 development open

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Oct 2002 11:20:32 +1000

After a few minor teething problems, we're happy to announce that the
squid-3 development trees are open and hacking is encouraged.

We have some new style guidelines to handle the use of C++ in the source
tree. They can be found at
http://www.squid-cache.org/~robertc/squid-3-style.txt for now, a more
permanent home will be found shortly.

There are two CVS modules to handle the version3 code:

HEAD and releases:

CVS Root: "cvs.squid-cache.org:/squid"
module: "squid3"

DEVELOPMENT and -devel branches

CVS Root: "cvs.devel.squid-cache.org:/cvsroot/squid"
module: "squid3"

The branches compile and run on g++-2 and g++-3, and we will work to
increase portability given feedback.

To convert a squid-2 development branch on sourceforge to a squid-3
development branch, you need to:
1) Generate a diff from the branch.
2) Checkout the squid 3 HEAD branch from cvs.devel.squid-cache.org.
3) Run cvsmkbranch <projectbranch> in the checked out squid 3 devel HEAD
directory.
4) cd to the new project directory.
5) Apply your patch. You may need to do it manually :[. (Sorry).
6) Test and checking your changes.
7) Update the projects.html page to use 'diff' rather than 'diff2' for
the web diff's.
8) Close your old branch with cvsclosebranch.

If any assistance is needed, speak up!

Cheers,
Rob