Re: NO 64 bit signed type available

From: Evgeny Kotsuba <evgen__k@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:03:44 +0400

Hi,
On 17 Oct 2002 10:39:01 +1000
  Robert Collins <robertc@squid-cache.org> wrote:
>> there is no code in CVS using int64_t and I think that it is no
>>sense
>> make error if there is no 64bit integer especially if we have code
>> like
>
>Hmm. Yes, at the moment it should not be an error. However we do use
>64 bit IO on linux if it's availablem, and we will be using larger types
>in the future. Does your platform not have 64 bit types?
I use IBM's Visual Age C++ 3.08 whith is the most stable and
 convenient for me, the next and last VACs have long long, emx also
has long long...and Watcom 11/OpenWatcom seems to have it... so is it
only my problem ?

Hmm... and what about a lot of old ancient compilers used on a number
of ancient unix platforms ?

SY,
Evgeny Kotsuba