Re: About coding style

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:39:46 +0200

On Monday 21 October 2002 00.23, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> hehe. And how shall I call original function ?

At least on the UNIX platform this is easily done by querying the
linker for the symbol in the specific library.. see dlopen().

> >Also, in squid the system tcp calls should - never - be used
> > outside of
> >comm*.cc, as they need to be overridable on a per OS basis.
>
> Now they are in
> comm_select.cc
> comm.cc

These two should have network I/O functions..

> cachemgr.cc

separate program (cachemgr.cgi)

> client.cc

separate program (squidclient)

> dns_internal.cc
> icmp.cc
> htcp.cc

this and a few other files has a reference to recvfrom() for receiving
packets. In the long term these should be using a comm function.

> rfc1035.cc

This file does not have any network code as far as I can tell..

> ipc.cc

this has a small amount of direct read/write calls in the "hello"
verification phase, but not in the real helper communication. If this
bothers you then just comment out the offending sections and you will
be just as fine..