Re: [squid-users] aufs problems in 2.5STABLE1

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:06:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hmm.. From where did you get this GCC?

The -pthreads GCC option on Solaris is a "magic" GCC option that both sets
the required defines and includes the needed libraries..

I had the impression that this option was included in the GCC distribution
specs file for Solaris, but it may be that it is only a extension added by
Sun and other GCC distributions derived from the Sun provided package..

What the Solaris GCC -pthreads option does on the Solaris 8 machine I
have access to:

  -D_REENTRANT -D_PTHREADS
  -lpthreads

and ensures that -threads cannot be used at the same time (-threads
enables the older SunOS/Solaris threads package)

The -D_PTHREADS option does not seem to be very important, but is
referenced by GCC STL to select with of the two threading packages to
use.. (STL is not used by Squid)

What you can try if your GCC does not support the -pthreads option is to
simply comment out the Solaris GCC specific section for pthreads.