Re: [squid-users] aufs problems in 2.5STABLE1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:31:22 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> Notice that most of FD's you have open are regular files with size/offset
> 0. I would claim that squid thinks it has closed the file but infact hasn't
> closed it.

If a fd shows up in the process but not cachemgr then this is the case..

According to the file mode these files are cache files. Most for swapout
(O_WRONLY) but some for swapin (O_RDONLY).

But from the results shown with patching configure for -DREENTRANT I would
write this beeing the top most likely reason to the problems seen here. Quite
obviously the required configure segment for pthreads was not invoked or else
the -ptreads unknown option warning would have been seen before.. (-pthreads
was/is added by the same segment that defines -DREENTRANT).