Re: __FUNCTION__ and debug.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 01:28:32 +0100

On Monday 28 October 2002 00.44, Robert Collins wrote:

> Even if we use the same syntax as for debug, we still need macro
> varargs or something similar.

Why?

The debug() construct works quite fine as a varargs construct without
the need of any macro varargs.. The only varargs construct is in the
expanded result, not the macro arguments..

debug(section, level)(format, ...) is C/C++ varargs, not a macro
varargs.

But without support for the the rather crucial __FUNCTION__ construct
I do not see much point of this discussion in terms of a trace()
macro.