host xxxxxxx.com = 127.0.0.1

From: Evgeny Kotsuba <evgen__k@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:21:30 +0300

Hi,

I find some strange behaviour when I request some (beep) url with
wrong dns data such as
G:\>host xxxxx.com
xxxxx.com = 127.0.0.1

(xxxxx stand for some f. site)
Some more datails.
First I run sometimes apache at 127.0.0.1 so that there are some
locale static pages in cache on disk, but at time of experiment there
is no http server.
When I requested 127.0.0.1 then after double timeout (2*2min) I have
seen my index.html from disk cache. When I request xxxxx.com
then I can see only squid's error page for connection timeout.

Well, when I set breakpoint in debugger in comm.c(pp) in
comm_connect_addr at connect() call then I can see that connect is
called only twice in 2 min (default timeout) After 2 min the connect()
is called 2 times again and then after total 4 min I see squid error
page.

During this 4 minutes the squid on slow machine eats about of 100% cpu
like what about Joe Cooper wrote in " Feature request"

So the question is - is it only my port of squid 2.5s1 feature or not
?

SY,
Evgeny Kotsuba