Re: What about including virus filter to squid ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 12:01:05 +0100

On Friday 08 November 2002 19.41, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> How does protocol can solve problem with entry point(s) for scanner
> and problem with scanner work mode ?
> I.e.
> (1) We must have some points in code marked ad possibly entry
> points for future filters
> (2) Virus scanners, say DrWeb daemon work only with "files", not
> with partial contents. And what to do with say, long zip/rar with
> virus in one file inside ? Client have already get the first
> portion, with virus and wil can cure partial zip and get virus to
> his windoze.

All this is covered by ICAP as far as I know.

1 is what ICAP is all about. A standard for ofloading processing of
the data stream to a third party.

2 can be addressed by the ICAP server (i.e. the virus scanner ICAP
server daemon in case of virus scanner) to temporarily redirect the
client to a "download in progress" page.