Re: Winbindd compatibility problems with Samba 2.2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:48:35 +0100

FAQ updated:

With Samba 2.2.6, the winbindd interface changed and Squid 2.5 will
not work as distributed. Replacing the <tt>winbindd_nss.h</tt> file
in Squid's <tt>helpers/basic_auth/winbind</tt> and
<tt>helpers/ntlm_auth/winbind</tt> directories with the version in
Samba's <tt>source/nsswitch</tt> directory is needed for the helpers
to work properly.

Basically a copy of the text we have for Samba 3.0.

Perhaps we should add a --with-samba= directive to tell Squid where to
find the Samba header files rather than having them in the Squid
sources..

Andrew: Is these header files installed when you install Samba, or
only part of the sources while building Samba?