Re: 2.5-NT snapshots

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Nov 2002 19:12:43 +1100

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 08:37, Guido Serassio wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Il 15.01 10/11/2002 Henrik Nordström ha scritto:
> >On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Guido Serassio wrote:
> >
> > > There is only a problem: at this time autotools are not available on MSYS,
> > > so, the nt-2_5 CVS sources can't be bootstrapped on MSYS, but configure
> > > works fine.
> > > I like to make available a nt-2_5 snapshot like the Squid daily
> > snapshot on
> > > www.squid-cache.org.
> > > Do Yoy have some hints about this ?
> >
> >I have no objection to this assuming we are talking about source tarballs.
> >Lets see what the others say.
>
> After some days, it seems that there are no comments about.

I have been *so* busy moving, it's not funny. It's mostly done though,
so hopefully can get hacking again. anyway, thats why there was no
comment from here.

> >As a required preparation, verify that "make dist" includes all required
> >files. If not, modify Makefile.am as required to include the new files in
> >the source distribution.
>
> Now "make dist" seems to works fine on both nt and nt-2_5 branches.

Cool. Does make distcheck work?

As for dailies, that needs a little script work (checkout the
sourceforge branch to squid-cache, run make dist, copy to directory.)

I'm in favour of this. In fact, making dailies of arbitrary devel
branches on devel.squid-cache.org would be even cooler. I'm still
largely ignorant of our abilities in that regard though.

Rob